This is a famous city in Mexico that is visited by many. Known as the Guanajuato city, it is a principal city in the central part of Mexico. The state and the capital bear the same name. The city is located in a narrow valley and with alleys that are winding and narrow, many of which cannot accommodate cars. The usual way to cross across the alleys of this city are by the long stairs that are carved on the mountain sides. The city has thoroughfares that are located underground. The historic center of the city has several plazas as well as mansions that were built here from the colonial era. Many churches and civil buildings were built here with green or pink sandstone.
- The city houses the Mummy museum, which has naturally mummified bodies that were found in the municipal cemetery in this region that was here in the 20th century. Known as Museo De Las Momias de Guanajuato, this museum has over hundred mummified bodies.
- Alhóndiga De Granaditas is a history and art museum that was formerly a granary. It was also used as a fortress in the war of independence of Mexico.
- Museo Casa Diego Rivera houses, art that was done by the artist in his own home. This is a compact museum where his paintings and exhibition sketches are housed.
- Museo Iconográfico Del Quijote is a museum that houses, crafts and art of Don Quixote as made famous by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- Museo ex Hacienda Del Cochero is another place to visit here, which is a dark dungeon. This historic dungeon has torture chambers which one can explore with guided tours.
These are some of the several places that one can explore here besides other historic landmarks in the city.